Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Morningside by Ashley Madau

Synopsis:

It’s easy to get caught up with bad-ass vampires, a killer love triangle, broken engagements, assumed clones, and enough sexual tension to drive anyone crazy.

Does society really know what it means to be a vampire? What it feels like? Tastes like? The struggles of going through life in a state of unacceptance, and using every fiber of your being to change?

MORNINGSIDE shows vampires in a new light. Humanity believes them to be one thing, without any deviation-- the perfection of a human hunter. One woman is able to prove them wrong. Trapped between both the mortal and immortal realms, she becomes the line between humans and vampires, and both the differences and similarities they share. When her life is put at stake, the worlds begin to collide.





~*~*~*~*~*~

3,5 Stars!

12/11/2012 -- Finished reading

I've got this book for a review.

So my thoughts about it..

The start was a bit bumpy. There was a lot going on, and it was a bit hard to handle.
But as the book progressed It was easier to grasp everything. This book is nothing like I've ever read before.
I don't think I enjoyed the style it was written in. But it was Ok.

The story goes about a girl-turned vampire, who's struggling to accept what she is and what she's not.
Time-line changes through the book, but most the action is in present.

And there's a love triangle of course. But mostly this book is about the girl and what she's going through emotionally after change. Her thoughts and feelings are the foundation for this book.

Honestly I didn't liked in the beginning, but till I reached the end I guess I connected with the characters enough not to hate it :)) It was strange for me, cause it's seems author has way different view about everything then what we're used to. And that's a good thing!

And no matter what other comments say, I think Ashley Madau have a huge potential, and she should keep writing cause I'd really like to read more from her!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...