Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

VACANT by Evelyn R. Baldwin

Synopsis:

Ethan Parker gets up every day, surviving the only way he knows how—alone. Orphaned as a child and forced into the child welfare system, he knows better than to depend on anyone but himself. He’s learned trust is a word used all too often, but rarely earned. Ethan believes that his best chance for maintaining a simple and solitary existence is to live by a simple mantra: Don’t get involved. Keep things simple. Take care of yourself! When a young woman moves in next door, Ethan is forced to reevaluate his beliefs. He tries to keep his distance, but his new neighbor’s infectious smile and outlook on life leave him struggling with the decision of living the life he knows, or taking a chance on the unexpected. As Ethan develops a relationship with his new neighbor, Emily, he realizes nothing is simple and learns that life is about more than just surviving... it’s about living.
**This version contains sexual content only suitable for adult audiences.


~*~*~*~*~*~


*Read on February 24, 2013 

Well.. sadly I didn't loved this like other people did.

So I give 3 Stars! and still feel generous about it.

The whole story line... it was a total mood killer. There was no theme development there. Only jumping from subject to subject. 

I'm actually surprised with myself cause I tend to support young/new writers no matter what.. But It was nothing like I expected. 

And "Mayhem Erotica"? Seriously?

My first thought after I finished this was - "puh-lease!"
I actually don't really know what this was. I'm very disappointed.
This could have been such a good story.

I assume it was, in the authors head. But honestly, we can't read minds.

I think it's the harshest review of mine so far.

But I just feel mad.

It wasn't even that beautiful of a story, it was naive.

On the other hand, there were few very important subjects brought to attention. So maybe that's why I don't give it only 1 star.
And I actually laughed - 2 times, that helps to.

So consider yourself warned! 

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...