Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Faefever (Fever #3) by Karen Marie Moning

Blurb:
'He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too'.When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul. 

As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences.…

~*~*~*~*~*~





I always have this funny feeling in my stomach when I read this book.

I even had it when I read it the first time. It was my 4th now.
Still - same hollow, sinking feeling.
Those who read this book will understand why.

From the start I hated Mac. Maybe hate is to strong a word for it, but I disliked her greatly.
She was spoiled and lazy.. But now I see her in a totally different light.

When you read paranormal, fantasy or any similar kind of book,you want a heroine to be strong. You want her to kick ass and take no shit from other. You want her independent. You don't want her to be weak.
However, I find myself liking Mac more and more every time I read this series. Actually if you think about it, this way, Mac's way is better.
She was just a small town southern belle. Spoiled to no end, loved by her family and her life was great. Until suddenly it wasn't anymore.

What would you expect from her? To become strong overnight because she has to? To just know martial arts without training, because there are bad guys and she has to be a kick-ass? Sounds great, but very unreal-world like.
This time re-reading KMM Fever series I was looking for those subtle changes in her, and I found it.
She went from 'meh' to 'oh wow' in few months. Few very hard months for her. Oh, and how have she changed!

Well the how's and why's I'll leave for you to figure out yourself. :)

And this 3rd book. Ha, she became a player herself. She used to be a victim.

Nope! Not anymore!

Yeah, yeah.. I know what you think.. "but what about the ending of this book?"

What about it?

It was a great ending, a beautiful cliffhanger. I'd be suicidal if not for knowing I have the next book of this series safely in my Kindle :)

Anyway.. The Mac says it, and the author repeats it. That this is a story about light. And I actually starting to see it.

Rereading a book is great, every time it's different. A lot depends on your mood while reading, so you're able to see it from different perspective every time!

Yup, that's it for now

Peace,
Queen A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...