Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusrss feedemail

Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

REVIEW: Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase

About this book: Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?
He’ll tell you he has the flu.
But we all know that’s not really true.
Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.
Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?
Can Drew Evans win at love?
Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without.




5 AMAZING STARS!

Annnnnd.... I have one more book to add to my "Favorites" bookshelf!
I don't think 'I loved' it is the words for this one.. Hell, but I did loved it!
I can't say I agreed with everything, but to read such unapologetic guy's POV was actually quite satisfying!

I could say that Drew is something else. When really, he's not. Not only he's a prick in the beginning like so many guys are, but he's also proud of himself for that. Doesn't sound like a good read, does it? But you're wrong there. It was fantastic because of that! He was himself and didn't even try to pretend to be anyone else. And I like honest people, those are the best. I can hate them, but I also respect them.

Also, I'd like to add few words about the writing. I was not sure about this 'conversation with the reader' thing. Especially in the beginning.. But, it grew on me. And when I started to appreciate it, I fell in love with this book :)

Drew's honesty is limitless, especially about his sister LOL

Oh, and the LOL'ing part. I enjoy when a book makes me laugh! I love it! You always gonna win me over with a book that makes laugh! The sincere kind of laughing! I love those books! This is one of them!

See, when I use so much exclamatory marks, it means I'm excited :D

Peace,

A.

More about this author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...